Summer of ’69: This Week’s Releases
Hey, all you groovy guys and gals! Are you ready for a flashback? You are...? Great! Then let’s take a trip in the Wayback Machine to that glorious time known as...last week.
What, did you think we were going all the way back to 1969? Do you know how expensive time travel is? We’re on a budget here, you know. It’s so much cheaper to just go back to last week and remind you of our announcement about our Summer of ’69 promotion:
“Being as this summer marks the 50th anniversary of the Summer of ’69 – mind you, that’s the actual summer of ’69, as we cannot count Bryan Adams among the myriad of artists within our voluminous catalog – Rhino is celebrating this very important summer in the history of music by offering up a new retail campaign filled with limited-edition vinyl releases that will be available exclusively at participating brick-and-mortar retail outlets.
“And, no, we’re not just talking about our Woodstock sets, although those do tie into the proceedings to a certain extent.”
Boy, last week sure was a kinder, gentler time, wasn’t it?
So, anyway, here’s a list of what you can find in stores during this week’s Summer of ’69 celebration:
• Buffalo Springfield, BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD (Stereo) (1-LP, Black Vinyl, $21.98)
• Buffalo Springfield, AGAIN (Stereo) (1-LP, 180-gram Black Vinyl, $21.98)
• Buffalo Springfield, LAST TIME AROUND (Stereo) (1-LP, 180-gram Black Vinyl, $21.98)
• Arlo Guthrie, THE BEST OF ARLO GUTHRIE (1-LP, Green Vinyl, $19.98)
• Love, FOUR SAIL (1-LP, Mint Green Vinyl, $19.98)
• Jefferson Airplane, THIRTY SECONDS OVER WINTERLAND (1-LP, 180-gram Sky Blue Vinyl, $21.98)
And they’re all available tomorrow, so count your pennies now!